20111206

SCCM Training Notes

Bled for days fighting #sccm reports HTTP Error 500.24 - turns out it wasn't an SCCM error but an IIS 7.5 error. I'm quite the noob when it comes to SCCM, IIS, and the like so I'm learning as I go.
The 500.24 error was due to ASP.NET Impersonation not being enabled. So I opened my site and drilled to the SMSReporting node for my site and enabled ASP.NET Impersonation. I thought I was good to go and ran the SCCM reports again and ran into "HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you ... are requesting cannot be served because of the extension ...". After banging my head into the wall a few times and looking on Microsofts Technet site I discovered I simply didn't install ASP. I thought I had but rather installed ASP.NET (I'm learning remember?). I installed ASP and ran the reports again and bingo! I'm a happy man this morning.

No comments:

GraydenTech's Fan Box

GraydenTech on Facebook